So, 2016. You really kept us on our toes, alright? Let’s face it, it was a year that left most of us feeling like we’re up shit creek without a paddle (or a boat for that matter), so we figured it was the right time to take back a bit of control and start 2017 a’fresh with a new QC theme that we think is more timely than ever
On the 9th of January 2017 we launched our Salon #5 around the theme of POWER.
We kicked off the New Year by taking a look at the positive aspects of that oh-so-loaded word. We wanted to explore the importance of collectivism and community as a force for empowerment and positive social change. In the harsh light of the Donald Trump ‘reality’ – which is a genuine blow for women’s rights worldwide – we feel like, now more than ever, positive examples of female sisterhood are vital.
Salon #5 Power
Our biggest (and bestest) yet, Salon #5 also marked a big ol’ step up for us as we moved into a new home: The Vaults. The Quarter Club is all about the POWER of getting a roomful of women together, so we think it’s time to make that room bigger than ever for a theme that we reckon is the most important we’ve ever had.
Speakers at our Power Salon:
– AYESHA HAZARIKA / @ayeshahazarika – MBE, Former Labour Advisor, Political Commentator, Comedian
– SIMRAN HANS / @heavier_things – Freelance writer, Researcher and Film Programmer
– PRIYANGA BURFORD/ @priyangaburford – Actor and Writer (and former Salon #1 [Courage] speaker… we can’t get enough of her!)
– CARLY-JAYNE HUTCHINSON/ @FocusE15 collaborator, politIcal theatre maker, punk singer and activist
– PIP JAMIESON / @Pip_Jamieson – Founder of The Dots – a Creative Network
– BELLA YOUNGER (aka Deliciously Stella)/ @bellayounger – Comedian and Writer